Saturday, March 9, 2013

Comic Con 2013 Perth

Nicola E. Sheridan (author) and Jason Momoa (actor)

The highlight of my year so far....
 Blushing smiley
I  met my number one Manspiration for my hero Lucian in Magical Redemption. Jason Momoa (you may or may not have noticed, has appeared several times on my FB manspiration posts usually in the form of Khal Drogo.... *sigh*) and today I met him (and incidently gave him a copy of Magical Redemption - which was only fair because he was the inspiration!). I then (as I am want to do) embarrassed myself by shaking his hand and proceeding to tell him "You are a very sexy man." To which he replied "Oh, thank you sweetie."
A confused smiley

You may be able to note from the image he is a big man. His hands were massive (all the better for holding his sword my dear!) Frankly my smile couldn't have got any bigger. I only wish I had I thought to ask him to pick me up and do  a cool pose for the picture - alas, I did not think of it at the time... though some other ladies at Comicon had the right idea!

He also signed my Khal Drogo doll, he'd never seen one of the "Pop" figurines before, so that was cool.


Although Comicon was great and the stalls and artists fantastic, I have to say I spent most of my time in lines. I've never been a fan of bovine cuing - so it did put a bit of a dampener on my excitement - not to mention that of my long suffering husband.

There were however some totally awesome costumes, from the requisite Jedi's to a large Bender (from Futurama). I even had the honour of spraying Leela's (also from Futurama) hair purple.
I was going to post some up here but they all seem to be uploading sideways....




I wanted this... autographed picture of "Al Swearengen" from my latest favourite show to watch "Deadwood"


Very cool stall!


  Anyhoo, I am now going to do some writing. Lordy me I'm inspired again.

Have a fantastic weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Waiting in lines is definitely one of the downsides of a con. Jason is definitely one dude I'd like to meet. Just look at him. Lol. The Gifts for the Geek guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete