Sunday, November 4, 2012

Magical Redemption - Sneek Peek!

Preview Image
 
 
Preview Image
 
Preview Image
 

 
Better late than never, I always say, so after a week's delay Magical Redemption will be on sale Wednesday 7th November!
On Wednesday, an excerpt of Magical Redemption will also be available to read over at the Darkside Down Under, so be sure to check it out.
In the mean time, here is an excerpt to whet your appetite.. and guess what? The Satyrs are back!
 
“What do we have here?” a snide voice asked from behind. “You will not find a hospital around here that caters to...his kind.”
There was the clip-clop of cloven hooves behind her. Jinx felt her skin crawl as she turned to face the speaker. Words stuck in her throat. She gazed up the heavy, auburn pelted legs and lingered for just the briefest of moments on the large, exposed genitals hanging between them.
A real, live satyr― just what she needed. She looked upward and jutted her chin. Her defiant gaze was met by curious, auburn eyes and a sharp, angular face. Curling horns erupted from a mane of hair.
“Do you like what you see?” The satyr smiled, showing perfectly-white, blunt teeth.
“No,” Jinx snapped. Using her magic, she rearranged Lucian’s dead weight.
The satyr tilted his head to get sight of Lucian’s face, and his shrewd eyes widened. “What are you doing with Lucian?” he hissed, moving forward with remarkable speed and raising Lucian’s head to examine him. The satyr was suddenly too close. He smelled like fresh hay, and his body thrummed with an unsettling energy.
“You know Lucian?” Jinx whispered. She knew with uncomfortable certainty that this satyr was the reason her magic brought them here.
“Of course I do,” the satyr snapped, his expression now concerned. “What’s wrong with him?” His amber eyes caught and held hers. Although she was fairly confident the satyr was here to help, she didn’t want to divulge everything too soon. She squirmed under his gaze.
“I can’t tell you anything until I know who you are and what you know about Lucian.” Jinx steeled her spine and jutted her jaw, again.
The auburn-haired satyr raised an artful eyebrow. “My, aren’t you a feisty one? I do like my women feisty.” He grinned and sunk into a low bow. “I am Silenus, the stag satyr of the Kuching Free Zone.”
“I’m not your woman,” Jinx said, hating the fact that her gaze was convulsively drawn to Silenus’s naked crotch. “Ugh,” she grumbled to herself.
 Silenus continued unabated. “Lucian is my friend–though, I will confess I have not seen him for many years. Time, clearly, has not been kind to him.” He narrowed his auburn eyes at her speculatively.
“You say that like it’s my fault,” she snapped.
“Is it not?” His eyebrows floated high, again.
“No,” Jinx cried.
Silenus smiled at her outrage. “Allow me to assist you,” he said and stretched out his tanned arms to relieve Jinx of Lucian’s burden.
“No. Don’t touch him.” She jerked Lucian away. His head wobbled grossly as more blood pattered from his face. Dire as the situation was, she couldn’t risk Lucian to an unknown being, supposed friend or not. “I need to test your intent first.”
Silenus’s eyebrows hit his curly hairline. “Test my intent?” A smile tugged on his lips suggestively. “I don’t think my intent needs testing. I make a habit of being perfectly transparent.” He grabbed his crotch and cupped his genitals, proffering them to Jinx.
“Christ,” she gasped and looked away.
 
 
Makes me laugh anyway, I love satyrs!
Enjoy your Monday!
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. All right for more with the satyrs! I so cannot wait to read this...though sadly it must wait until after NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get your writing done, then, settle down and enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete