Saturday, August 29, 2015

Black Sails S2, mirkins, manspiration and man love.


Well... well...

I've just completed watching Black Sails Season Two - and Lordy me did it throw a few surprise punches. Here's the good, the bad, and the bisexual. Oops. Did I give something away?

Here's the lo-down...

Firstly, I cannot tell a lie. There was PLENTY of delicious manspiration to be had.

Well hello Billy.... Nice to see you again.
Hold me back it's Captain Vane....I'm loving the boots.


Image result for Black sails Season 2 Vane sex
and the EVERYTHING!


Grrroar!

You are a Foo Eleanor Guthrie.

As any of you who have watched this series must understand - despite the panoply of tasty male morsels around every female character (with the exception of one) is bisexual, gay, or something in between. Clearly the Black Sails writers have been spending too much time with the Orange is The New Black writers - because at times Black Sails becomes a mirkin flashing, carpet licking fun fest... which is cool if you're into that kind of thing. Then, just as I was about say, "Hey this lady-love is getting a bit excessive..." the writers threw me for a six. That's right, they put in a bit of man-love, kicked in from left field... and not only that... from one of the characters you'd least expect...

***SPOILER ALERT***

Yes, you guessed it the hyper masculine, but quietly intelligent Captain James Flint had himself a lovely boyfriend before he became a pirate. You should have seen my husband's face at this revelation. It was hilarious.

I'm guessing that Flint is bisexual (like almost all the ladies on Nassau), and his romance is actually very, very sweet and ultimately very sad. James Flint can't seem to get a break this series.

There were a lot of ups and downs this series, and I did really enjoy it. There was less sexual violence against women which got a huge 'thumbs up' from me. In addition, I noticed a lot more rotten teeth, and chest hair too, a huge improvement from the first series where nearly everyone had good teeth and shiny hair free chests.

Anyway. Love your work STARZ, keep up the chest hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment